Saturday 7 May 2011

Lemon Drizzle Squares


These were my second offering to my friends barbecue.  They were so lemony and moist, I couldn't stop eating them, and I'll definately be making them again in future!

Ingredients
150g butter
175g caster sugar
2 eggs
grated rind of 1 lemon (I used 2 to be extra lemony)
175g self-raising flour
125ml milk
icing sugar for dusting

140g icing sugar
50ml fresh lemon juice (for syrup)

So to make them I lines a 9" square tin and preheated the over to gas 4.
Then I creamed the butter and sugar, mixed in the eggs, then lemon rind, then folded in the flour, and finally the milk.  Once poured in the tin, it took 45 mins to bake.
Once done, I heated the icing sugar and lemon juice in a pan on a low heat until the sugar dissolved, pricked the surface of the cake with a fork, and then poured the syrup evenly over the cake. 


Once cooled, I dusted with icing sugar and cut into 16 squares.

These little cakes were actually great for travelling with and were the perfect bite size pieces for a party.



No comments:

Post a Comment